I seem to have slipped and hit the sign up button for the second round of this swap on my way to the floor. Oh, dear.
Hogwarts 2nd Year Questionnaire:
|1. What Hogwarts house have you been sorted into? Hufflepuff. Absolutely no idea how that happened. I briefly contemplated citing Slytherin or Ravelclaw just for the colors, but that would be cheating.
2. Shoe size? Foot length? Foot circumference? US 6, 9 1/4 inches (23.5 cm) long, 8 inches (20.3 cm) around.
3. List your three favorite sock yarns.
Can I be honest here? I haven’t USED a lot of sock yarn yet. The one I’ve used more than any other is the sock yarn from Dave at Cabin Cove Mercantile. If it’s superwash, or a superwash blend, I’m in. My skin reacts in a violent way to all other animal fibers, with the possible exception of alpaca, which I haven’t tried. So, please no blends that contain mohair, angora, or wool that has not been superwash-treated. My tootsies thank you.
4. Would you like to try a new brand of sock yarn? If so, which brand?
Hmmm. I’ve heard lovely things about Cherry Tree Hill, but I haven’t tried them yet.
5. Do you prefer variegated or solid sock yarn?
I lean toward variegation within a color family / almost solid if I’m working anything intricate, so that the pattern will show well. Truth be told, if the colors are pretty, I’ll buy it even if it’s wild. Wild socks match everything.
6. What colors would you like to add to your sock yarn stash?
I need more blues. I wouldn’t turn my nose up at a darkish red. Ooh, green is nice. Purple is one of my favorite colors. I love color. Anything, anything!
7. What kind of sock patterns do you gravitate toward? Lace? Ribbed? Fair Isle?
I love it all. I like highly textured and complex socks. I’d love to do something along the lines of the Bird Foot socks. Intricate cables or lace would be fun, too.
8. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, animals, etc.)
I have animal allergies. Fur or feathers? I’m allergic. That said, I have found a stray cat hair or two in some of my hand-dyed purchased yarn, and it hasn’t affected me at all.
I DO have a strong skin reaction to non-superwash wool and other animal fibers. Oh, did I mention that already? I’ll hush now.
9. Will your socks be exposed to cigarette smoke or animals as you knit them?
Nope! But, let me know if you’re allergic to 7-year-old boy. They’ll be exposed to a bunch.
10. Are you willing to have an international Hogwarts Sock Pal?