Time for a little show and tell. This time, I’ll show you what got sent off to my Hogwarts Sock Swap pal.
It all worked out, thank goodness.My favorite part of these socks is the twisted stitches up the side, which I accented by using the toe/cuff color.
|Pattern:||Mirabella by Mary Joy Gumayagay|
|Yarn:||VanCalcar Acres Sock Yarn|
|Needles:||Skakel size 0|
|Notes:||Modified to work on 64 stitches with a size 0 needle.
Modified lace to 21 stitches instead of 17.
Cuffs: worked 12 rows of k2p2 ribbing. Didn’t work k2tog on each side of last row before cuff; instead, k2tog on each side of cable in stockinette on back to allow cable to flow into ribbing.
The other “must haves” for the swap were yarn, a pattern, and a bookmark. I found a lovely blue and purple handpainted yarn at my LYS, and included a Red Bird Knits fair isle pattern in the box.
For the bookmark, I chose Ravenclaw-colored beads from my local beading place. The brown bead is agate, and the blue/bronze one is porcelain. The bookmark came together quickly and looks useful – I see more of these in my future. The pattern for the book mark was Book Thong.
Finally, I sewed up a quick knitting bag in house colors. This drawstring bag is based on the Yarnmonster’s bag tutorial. Instead of leaving an opening for the drawstring in the top seam, I put buttonholes on either side of the outer bag and fed opposing drawstrings through. I’ve always liked the ‘cinch it from both sides’ kind of bag.
I’d show you photos, but we had a drive failure and I lost about 10 days of photos. Ah, well.
That’s it! I’m done with swaps for a while; time to sit back and knit for my family for a bit.